Wednesday, December 14, 2016

So What's Going On Here?

A quick explanation.

I stepped down from my job at the Animation Guild last week. Also, too, I walked away from the task of writing daily entries in the Guild's blog.

A week away from blogging about animation tells me that I want to keep shooting my mouth off in the blogosphere, at least a little. This time around, the entries will be more sporadic because I'm now a retired person and the idea of getting x number of posts up seven days a week does not jazz me.

Look at it this way. The world will be a richer place with fewer posts from Yours Truly. There will be a bunch of stuff about animation (features, television, the struggles of artists/writers/technicians to earn a living, and the in-built reflex of large corporations to ape whatever the "hot trend" is), since that was my bag for thirty-odd years. But also stuff about investing, history, mild doses of politics, and how the world is a strange, wondrous place.

Oh. And the format and layout of this space? Bank on it being haphazard and kinda dull, because I'm as technologically oriented as a greased pig on ice, and there's no knowledgable person at hand to spiff things up. Now it's just me on the living room couch, beating my head against a cushioned arm in red-faced frustration. And I learn slooowly.

So apologies in advance. And good afternoon to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment